Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Activities for kids in the car

Road Trip Printables

Searched high and low free of street trip printables. These were the best that I could find because not only are they from talented bloggers, they are also easy to print and download. The Stunning road trip drawing drives (empty street and truck) are out of Picklebums. The Lovelyhand-drawn BINGO games are from Home a Forest. The Simple and vibrant Road Trip BINGO is from This Reading Mama. For Kids who can see, Interstate BINGO is another interesting printable from This Reading Mama. My Seven and Five will enjoy this one. The Car Scavenger Hunt is out of a giant set of road excursion printables out of 123Homeschool4Me.

Beginning Sounds Coloring Pages

Do not do a lot of worksheets together with my grandparents, but a car trip is the perfect time to pull a few out. I made this collection of 26 coloring pages. They just need to color the pictures on each and every letter that start with that letter. You can get the free printable within this informative article.

Snacks, Snacks... and Much More Snacks

And What would a lengthy car ride be without snacks? We don't usually have prepackaged snacks at our home, but I am making this trip an exception. I am packing mini chocolate chip cookies, honey graham sticks, crispy cheddar crackers, granola bars, and bunny bites. I'm also packing a few dry cereal (a rare treat -- our kids have plain yoghurt with just a scatter of cereal for breakfast), string cheese, snap peas, and baby carrots. Plus a brand-new water jug filled with ice water.

Lap Boards

Have seen some remarkable DIY lapboards on Pinterest. However, I don't sew beyond buttons. I do not do well with wood, foam, or extending fabric. I don't even cut a straight line. So this is my version of a DIY lap board. Locate A cheap magnetic skillet (tip -- they are not all magnetic; check first). This 9 x 13 tray cost 99 cents. Then get some markers or crayons and hot glue magnet bits to them (even glue strips may use that extra glue). Anything To maintain my toddler out of dropping a marker every five seconds. The Sketchpad was from the dollar bin at Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment